Wednesday, 19 August 2020

Getting organised

Big computer day today. Alex & I have been using the online Kanban software Trello for our to-do lists, and to keep track of the move so far. I've set up a separate board to keep track of all the projects around settling in to Dannevirke, and today I completely re-organised it. I've also done a make-over on our shared directory on the home LAN, to keep a closer eye on our bits of house-paperwork. It took a few hours but it'll turn out to be a good investment of time.

I also "organised" visit from Mark Dean the plumber, and Les Trigg the builder. I say "organised" because I'm starting to sense a pattern here in Dannevirke - everything happens a bit slower. People turn up when they can, but there's only so many plumbers around, so if an urgent job comes up, it happens before less important things. It's all on Dannevirke time now. Better get used to it.

I spent the better part of the day cleaning out the garage properly, a job that will take me some weeks to come, I'm sure. There's a LOT of dirt in there. I'm only cleaning it once; after that it'll be my dirt, and I won't mind so much.

There's also a few things in the garage that the previous owners left for us - a dirty (but whole) vanity unit as a replacement for the broken one currently in the bathroom; miscellaneous roofing bits and pieces; a brand new mirror still in the cardboard; and a door. I suspect it's the one between the kitchen and the lounge. Straight on the project list!